Sunday, May 31, 2009

BREAST CANCER UPDATE

Help me reach my goal for the San Diego Breast Cancer 3-Day!
I've been spending the past few months preparing for the Breast Cancer 3-Day and this month has been a pivotal point for me. I've walked 130 miles since I registered in March. Depending on where I am in the world, and how much time I have between flights, I try to train as much as possible. I have been walking about 5 times a week, anywhere from 3-10 miles, whether outdoors or on a treadmill. This past week I was in Geneva, Switzerland and I was able to explore the country on foot thanks to their extensive bike paths. It was absolutely beautiful and rewarding.
 
This month I have also raised 50% of my fundraising goal. Thanks to everyone who has donated! I wouldn't be able to do this walk without you. For those of you who haven't donated, it isn't too late. No donation is too small and any amount will help. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Your donation is greatly appreciated.

Two of my friends have decided to join the 3-Day walk as well. It has been great having a team to motivate and push each other on our walks and in our fundraising. We are planning some fundraising events over the next few months that we hope you can be a part of. I will keep you posted!




No comments: