Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BREAST CANCER UPDATE

Over the past 5 months I have been training for the Breast Cancer 3 DAY. I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days with thousands of men and women in San Diego. On August 1, 2009, I walked my 300th mile in my training. I have been walking at least 5 times a week wherever I may be. My teammates and I have been pushing each other and it is nice to walk with them whenever I am home. We have found some new walks that have made it more interesting and also challenging for our bodies. Now that it is summer time it can be hard to bear the heat but we have been strong willed to push ourselves to go the extra mile. I have also raised 74% of my fundraising goal. I only have $600 to go! All of this has been made possible with great friends and family supporting me. The walk is only 3 months away and I am getting both excited and nervous. The walks have already started all over the country and everyone seems to be having a wonderful time. If you want to make a donation and help out my team and I- Taking a Stride for Boobie Pride, you can make a donation at www.the3day.org or click on the link below.

TAKING A STRIDE FOR BOOBIE PRIDE


No comments: